- Theory & practical facial treatments, massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming and extraction
- Waxing (hot bees wax and strip methods)
- Swedish Body Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Salude Per Aqua (health through water)
- Spa water treatments – Hydrotherapy | Steam | Sauna |
- Body Exfoliation | Wraps |
- History maintenance and hygiene of spa
- Professional ethics in Spa Management
- Anatomy and physiology of the human body
- Client Consultation
- Contra-indications to therapies
- Individual customization of treatments
COMMERCIAL SALON EXPERIENCE @ TOPAZ HOUSE OF BEAUTY
Students will also participate in our student spa, once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapist.
*Although the ‘normal’ study practice hours are 10am–2pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis.